Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Very Happy New Years

I'm back! I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday and took some time off to
celebrate with friends and family. I was fortunate enough to ring in 2009
in a very special way and it all begins almost 14 years ago...

I met Abbey in my 7th grade English class and from there, we were pretty much
attached at the hip. During college, I went off to Boston and she stayed in Madison, so
we still saw each other over breaks when I would come home to visit my parents. I would
meet all of her friends and different boyfriends...and then one year I came home and I got
to meet Ryan. He seemed different than most of the other guys she had been dating
and it quickly became clear that he was when after graduation, she announced that
she was moving to Seattle with him. It was probably a year and a half later on any
random night when my phone rang - it was Abbey calling to tell me that her and
Ryan were engaged.

It's an odd thing when you think about something happening for so many years and then
it finally actually does. I remember us as silly teenagers imagining what our weddings
would be like and how we would be each other's bridesmaids. But then to actually see her
in a wedding dress...well it's emotional. So it was my privilege this New Years to travel
to Cancun, Mexico and stand next to her at the alter and watch one of my greatest friends
marry the love of her life at Moon Palace.


As I was in the wedding party and this trip was all about spending time with friends
and celebrating, I didn't get a lot of photos, but there were a few I snagged so enjoy!





Getting ready at the salon.


Maggie, her maid of honor, working on her speech while she got dolled up.


Shoes!



The earrings were Abbey's grandmother's and the bag is a VERY unique and special thing
her soon to be sister-in-law, Allison, made for her. Allison is a fashion designer and
created this bag using the material from Abbey's mother's wedding dress. How cool is that!
I love the idea and if any of the brides out there are interested in something like this for
their wedding, please let me know and I'd be happy to put you in touch with her.





The boys...a very, um, unique group of individuals. We had a lot of fun on the trip.

The bridal party! I gave my camera to someone to snap this shot.


Ryan's little brother or the "King of Rings," as he was so dubbed.










They're such a good looking couple!


Dancing together...





Cutting their cupcake!

A little bit of rain during the night, but nothing too bad!


Abbey and I...there is nothing better in the world than good friends.
Thank you Abbey and Ryan for including me as a part of your day. I love you both!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Abby.... also very nice photos... but then again, I'm biased....

Pops Caucutt

Anonymous said...

Tres Bella! Love em! Who held the flash?...whoever they are did a great job keeping the sky blue :)