Monday, October 22, 2007

A Game of Tag


I've been watching the game of blog tag go around for some time now and I was waiting for someone to tag me...I had to coerce Dorie Lynn Photography to tag me, but she did, so my turn!

Here are 8 Things you might not know about me:

1.) I was born and raised in Madison, WI and I am proud of it.


2.) Yes I love Cheese, no I do not own a Cheese Hat and I'm pretty indifferent about the Packers.
(I have found that I must always clarify the above when stating that I am from Wisconsin)


3.) I was an advertising major at Boston University, and while I did take college photojournalism courses, I am primarily self-taught. Most of what I've learned has been through trial and error, experience, a lot of hard work and of course, my daddy, which brings me to #4...


4.) I hate having my photo taken. I attribute it to growing up with a professional wedding and portrait photographer as a dad. He was constantly making me be his little model and over time I just grew sick of being in front of the camera...however, it eventual led me to my love of being behind the camera.


5.) I always swore to myself that I would never become a wedding photographer. I also never imagined myself as a children's photographer either. Now I couldn't imagine it any other way.


6.) I have a secret affinity for wedding television shows like Platinum Weddings. Yes...it is embarrasing.

7.) I am convinced I have short term memory failure. I cannot leave my home without having to go back multiple times because I forgot something. I am constantly losing keys and in the past 3 weeks, I have misplaced my wallet twice (the last time leading to it being stolen at AC Moore! My big question is why are thieves hanging out at AC Moore?)


8.) My dream in life is to publish a book someday.



Now I tag:
Vanessa Photography
MKD Photography
Check Engine Soon


And because I don't like to post without an image, I am going to leave you with a wonderful work of original art from my sister's good friend Kate (author of Check Engine Soon) that sums up how I sometimes feel on Sundays...





2 comments:

K.Mize said...

Hey girl! Nice to hear from you!

stephva said...

Hey wait...I was dad's photography model! (reference all those fabulous back-lit shots on odd blue backgrounds in the basement)